Many respirators are not safe enough
The European rapid alert system RAPEX again warns of various respirators that were made in the People's Republic of China. An excessive amount of particles or microorganisms can penetrate through the masks and increase the risk of infection if not combined with additional protective measures. A recall was arranged for some of the products.
With mouth-nose covers or respiratory masks, you should protect yourself and others from infection with the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 - or at least reduce the transmission of droplets. However, many products do not guarantee this protection and are therefore partially recalled.
Particles insufficiently retained
The Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) provides information on its website about “known product recalls, product warnings, prohibition orders and other information on hazardous individual products that are used in Germany, among others. are regulated by the Product Safety Act (ProdSG). "
Currently there is a warning about various respiratory masks with reference to the European rapid warning system RAPEX. All of them were made in China. A recall was arranged for some of them.
According to the information, the particle / filter retention of the material or the total filter capacity of the mask is inadequate for the various masks and / or the masks do not adapt properly to the face.
“As a result, an excessive amount of particles or microorganisms can get through the mask, which increases the risk of infection if it is not combined with additional protective measures,” says the website. The masks do not comply with the regulation on personal protective equipment. The following products are affected:
- Face Mask Earloop protective, model name: KN95 BFE 95%, lot number EAN code: Barcode: 3 701403 800415 Batch number: Product Date: 2020-4-16, Product batch: Q2004004, KN95 respiratory protection half-face mask. The product is sold in a white box of 20 pieces.
- ZX, model name: Particulate respirator KN95, ZX9001, KN95 respirator half face mask. The product is individually packaged in a white and blue plastic blister.
- Ear face mask, model name: KN95, lot number EAN code: Batch number: Production Date: 2020.04.23 and 2020.04.24, KN95 respirator half face mask. The product is sold in a white-green box with 20 pieces.
- XO Simple is beauty, KN95 Face mask Type / number of model: XO-01, Lot number EAN code: Barcode: 6 920680 867851 Batch number: Production Batch Nº: MK2020041, Production date: 2020.04.14, Valid until: 2023.04.14 , KN95 half face mask. The product is sold in a white box of 10 pieces.
- Gulibear, Self-Imbibing Filter Particle Respirator / Disposable Face Mask KN95 Type / number of model: HB0095, KN95 MASK, lot number EAN code: Barcode: 6 934253 019578 Batch number: 20 20 05, KN95 Half-face respirator filter. The product is individually packed in a white-gray plastic bag with a zipper.
- Govek, KN95 Protective face mask / Respirator, lot number EAN code: Barcode: 6 973099 910014 Batch number: PD: April / 22/2020, Production Batch: 2020/04/22, KN95 respiratory protection half-face mask. The product is individually packed in a clear plastic bag and is sold in a white box of 20 pieces.
- Daddy Baby, Disposable Protective Mask CE FFP2, Obstruct Spittle, white respirator half mask of category FFP2, according to EN 149. The product is packaged in sets of 50 units in white packaging and is sold in a white and blue box with 30 sets.
- Isu, Disposable protective mask ISU-001, lot number EAN code: Batch number: Production Date: 2020.04.20, Production batch number: 2020.07, respirator half mask according to EN 149. The product is sold in a white and blue box with 50 pieces .
The latter mask has a CE marking, but is not certified as protective equipment by a responsible body. In addition, the particle / filter retention of the material is insufficient, the elastic bands of the mask come off easily and the mask does not fit the face properly. (ad)
Author and source information
This text corresponds to the specifications of the medical literature, medical guidelines and current studies and has been checked by medical doctors.