Sold at Lidl: manufacturer calls chicken nuggets back for plastic parts
The manufacturer Gebr. Stolle GmbH from Visbek in Lower Saxony has started a recall for “Culinea Safari-Nuggets, frozen, 400g”. It cannot be ruled out that plastic foreign bodies are contained in the product sold by Lidl. Ingested plastic parts can be harmful to health.
Nuggets could contain red plastic foreign bodies
The manufacturer Gebr. Stolle GmbH from Visbek (Lower Saxony) is recalling the product "Culinea Safari-Nuggets, frozen, 400g" with the best before date 31.08.2019, the lot number 815106001 and the identity number DE NI 10000 EG. "It cannot be ruled out that red plastic foreign bodies are contained in the affected product," says a message from the company.
We do not recommend consuming the goods
"Because of the possible risk of injury when consumed, customers should pay attention to the recall and never consume the product," warns the manufacturer.
According to the information, the product affected by the recall was sold at the discounter Lidl in all federal states with the exception of Bavaria, Bremen, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Saarland.
Lidl Germany has taken the affected product out of sale. The product can be returned to all branches of the discounter. The purchase price will be reimbursed, even without presentation of the receipt.
It is pointed out that other products of the manufacturer Gebr. Stolle GmbH sold at Lidl Germany as well as frozen chicken nuggets from other manufacturers are not affected by the recall.
Foreign bodies in food
In food production, due to errors in the manufacturing processes, contamination or foreign bodies such as aluminum or plastic residues can occur again and again.
Foreign bodies in food can cause many different injuries and complaints.
Depending on the size, nature and material of the swallowed body, chewing injuries can occur in the mouth and throat.
Depending on the size, swallowed plastic parts can block the esophagus or the digestive organs.
If smaller parts remain in the body, they can sometimes cause inflammation. Digestion or stomach problems and internal injuries cannot be excluded.
It can become especially dangerous if the objects are glass. (ad)